Friday, October 29, 2010

In need of a writing habit

Recently, I've discovered that my mind is clearer first thing in the morning.

I'm listening to "Writing Your Dissertation in 15 Minutes A Day." I've listened to a 25% of the book and it does resonate with me. I do feel that I've been putting off my dissertation because I can't focus on any one topic. There are several that are interesting to me. I am choosing the one that will get me done the fastest. What resonated with me in the book was hitting on the gamble that the topic may not work out at all. A null result is not really what I want to go out into the job market like that.

I also feel right now that my topic still feels quite vague. I need to do some preliminary work now that I have my meetings from last week gave me a go. I have a population and equipment, which is decent forward progress.

Next week, I will write each morning at home. I've tried writing at school but there are just too many distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment